Please recognize that we are an educational ‘Business’
We charge a fee for consulting (consulting charges are $100/hour with a $25 quarter hour minimum). This includes answering general or specific questions about plants, places, books or people. Many questions can be answered by studying this web site or by the responses we give below. If you are genuinely interested in learning about wild foods you should consider taking our workshops or purchasing the book Edible Wild Plants: Wild Foods From Dirt to Plate. Either of those actions will help you learn about wild foods. You may find answers to your questions below. Please check there before contacting us.
Wild Food Adventures
John Kallas – 503.775.3828
422 SE 49th Ave
Portland, Oregon 97215
You are encouraged to call or E-mail us if…
- You have additional questions about our services, workshops, registrations, etc.
- You want to be added to our private mailing list for future events and publications. If so, use the above form to send us your full name, home address, and phone number. Tell us you wish to be on our mailing list. We will not give or sell your personal information to anyone without your expressed permission. You can also bookmark and check our web site for updates.
- You are a colleague, researcher, or have a project idea we could collaborate on.
- You are interested in being an intern, research assistant, or special student. Wild Food Adventures is the public outreach branch of the Institute for the Study of Edible Wild Plants and Other Foragables.The Institute engages in research, education, and the daily business activities that allow us to pursue our missions. To get involved, read our factsheet about working with the Institute.
- You have personal business with John Kallas.